We take the safety and protection of pupils seriously. All our candidates are fully vetted through our rigorous safeguarding and interview processes.
Our safeguarding processes are in line with the DfE (Department for Education) regulations. You can be fully confident of our candidate’s background and suitability to work in your school.
We meet every potential candidate face to face, to get to know them and understand their particular strengths. In addition, we have a dedicated and experienced safeguarding Lead that carries out checks in complete confidence. We do not place any member of staff until the candidate has been fully cleared by our compliance team.
Each time you book a member of staff from U-Educate, you can be sure that the following have been completed:
- Face-to-face interview
- Right to work check
- Photo ID and address check
- Children’s Barred List check (formerly known as List 99)
- A current enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check registered with the Update Service
- Teaching Regulation Agency (TRA) lists checked for any relevant prohibitions, sanctions and details of qualifications and induction
- Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 declaration
- Medical check
- Last five years work history and a minimum of two professional references obtained*
- Relevant qualifications check
- Childcare Disqualification Questionnaire (for candidates working within the primary sector)
- Overseas police check/certificate of good conduct confirmed (where applicable)
* One reference will be from the candidate’s most recent employer.
Once a candidate is cleared for work, continued suitability is monitored for all active candidates and ongoing checks are performed by our central Safeguarding team.